Gardening is a relaxing and rewarding hobby. If you are a person who seeks to be independent, a garden can help you achieve that. In that regard, growing your own plants or vegetables will be more than rewarding. And you don’t even have to stop when the cold weather strikes. Yes, plants and especially vegetables are sensitive to harsh atmospheric conditions, but that’s no impediment for you to commit to growing your own food and taking care of your own garden. This is where a greenhouse will prove quite effective. Moreover, a DIY greenhouse can be the perfect solution, both in terms of costs and complexity. We found a nice collection of plans as well as tutorials on how to make your very own DIY greenhouse. Just follow the steps of your preferred design (there are plenty of designs, for any personality and setting) and you will be taking care after your plants in mid-November without any worries.
1. Easy DIY Hinged HOOPHOUSE for Raised Bed
2. Build an Easy 5 x 5 Home Greenhouse for under $25
3. How to build your own Recycled Plastic Bottle Greenhouse
4. How To Build a Fold-Down Greenhouse
5. How to build My 50 Dollar Greenhouse
6. My Homemade Greenhouse
7. CD Case Greenhouse Tutorial
8. On the Farm: Building a DIY Greenhouse (For less than you think)
9. How to Build a GeoDome Greenhouse
10. FREE plans for PVC pipe projects / Arched Greenhouse
11. Free step by step plans to build a barn style greenhouse!
12. How To Build A 300 Square Foot Windproof Hoop House For Under $500
Growing vegetables and different kind of plants all throughout the year can be achieved with one simple structure. In the next tutorial you can find out how to build a 300 Square Foot windproof hoop house with only $500. Even though it may seem unrealistic, this isn’t a far-fetched plan, but a proper DIY project achievable with the right materials. Using wood to build the frame and secure it with metal rods will help a lot. Both with high winds (not necessarily storms though) as well as costs. Take a closer look at the design featured on the next webpage, as it is the ideal way to grow food in your backyard.
Source : Goodshomedesign