Life really is stranger than fiction, isn’t it?
Mark Twain pointed out that this is the case because, in fiction, we expect things to be out of the ordinary at some point. So when things come along in real life that seem like they’re straight out of a sitcom, you can sometimes believe you’re caught in some Truman Show style “reality,” ya know?
Well, whether we’re in the Matrix or not, “real” life can be really funny. Let’s take a look and have a laugh at some pics that are stranger than fiction.
1. Like this scenario straight out of a cartoon, life is loony.
Yes, it is unfortunate that someone actually fell for this gag. Unless that someone was a particular coyote with an unquenchable thirst for roadrunner flesh — in that case, he deserved it.
2. Something’s fishy about this fashion.
Yes, I could understand wearing these somewhere more appropriate, like a Chuck E. Cheese or a wedding, but just grabbin’ some Chipotle?
3. She’s just a little too comfortable in there.
I’m not great with snakes, or heights, or bugs, or social situations, so maybe I’m not the best judge of what danger really is.
4. I mean, if we’re going stranger than fiction, no haircut is more appropriate than Salvador Dalí.
He’s the kind of guy who would totally rock a pair of fish shoes at a Chipotle. I hope this guy has a melting watch to match.
5. There’s no way this was ever considered appropriate.
I’m not the PC police or anything, but how off is your thinking if you thought that this was a great marketing ploy? What’s next? Virginia Woolf snorkels?
6. Well, I think this guy’s face says it all, really.
Great to know that there’s still freedom of speech for anyone who wants to share their story, though.
7. When breaking the backboard would look sick af, but would cost a quarter of a million dollars.
I’ve seen people be extra before, but this is definitely next level. When ball is wife, amirite?
8. I’m still trying to figure out what McDonald’s meant when they tweeted out this gem.
Do…do people often get their haircut there? Or are they really that boggled by the format of this meme? I…I have no idea.
9. Just a single ravioli in a vending machine, huh?
I’ve honestly never seen this before, it’s gotta be a joke, right?
10. Gurl, we go together like peanut butter and jelly or…2Pac and Edward Scissorhands?
I’ve never thought of this pairing before, but now I would do anything to see it happen.
11. For real, straight out of a sitcom.
She was probably supposed to have her boss over for dinner and everything — oh no, she left the roast in the oven! *audience laughter*
12. Well, at least it’s not all bad news at Walmart.
Every good sitcom needs a wedding as a season finale, right? No need to clean-up on aisle 3, those are flower petals.
13. You need really good friends to get a shot that electric.
I’ve heard you gotta stunt for the ‘gram before, but the ability to control weather itself is just another unrealistic expectation.
14. Speaking of things getting away in the background.
Now, we don’t actually know the context here — but if this is true, then she should learn how to control the weather and save that kid.
15. I’ll be honest, I’d probably have lined up right behind him.
When I first saw this pic, I literally didn’t notice that guy was a mannequin. Lord help me if I come across this IRL.
16. And lastly, how did this work? Honestly, is this real life?!
Sure, people lie on Twitter sometimes, but also people wear fish shoes, Helen Keller sunglasses, and lose their virginity to thin mint cookies — so at this point, anything could be true!