If you live in a small apartment, chances are you get a new bruise every week by bumping into chairs, doors, and tables. But it doesn’t have to be that way. There are many creative and stylish techniques you could embrace to make your home more comfortable and spacious, even if you’re on a budget.
We show you 17 ways you can make your apartment look more like a mini-castle (and save some bruises in the process).
1. Rely on convertibles.
2. Ditch your coffee table for an end table.
3. Hang your bike to avoid tripping.
4. Reduce your china to the minimum amount of pieces.
5. Want to divide your space? Hang a couple of doors.
6. Use your walls to hang what’s taking up too much space.
7. Assign a place for everything, order is the key to a practical and more spacious home.
8. Invest in a slide out kitchen cabinet.
9. Get a washer/dryer
10. Transform the space under your bed into a storage area.
11. Remove your cabinet doors.
12. Fall in love with light colors to make your apartment look more spacious.
13. Create your own walk-in closet by putting a fake wall or hanging a curtain behind your bed.
14. Use a mini-fridge if it’s just you and your partner.
15. Decorate with a mirror to give the illusion of a wider space.
16. Build a loft to multiply the space.
17. Box in your bed to create a new space under and next to it.
Which of these tricks do you think would help you the most? Let us know in the comment section!