Here’s to cleaning products that are still working hard days later.
1. A Tubshroom to catch an alarming amount of hair that’d otherwise go down your drain and eventually lead to a messy clog. (FYI: once you see a drain snaked, you can’t unsee it.)
It’s scary how well this works.
Promising review: “I was skeptical, but for a few bucks I gave it a go. I’m lazy and I live with two ladies (who are also lazy). The tub drain doesn’t get addressed nearly enough. I’d usually be the one pulling nasty balls of long hair out of the drain catch just so the tub would actually drain during a shower EVERY DAY. With this bad boy, once a week and you don’t even notice a slow down in the drainage.” —Jason
2. A gutter-clearing tool that’ll grab the season’s leaves from your gutters more effectively than balancing on a ladder and doing it by hand. This is one household chore you CAN’T skimp on doing, lest you deal with ice dams later!
Set a phone reminder and clean them once a year to prevent the stuff of homeowner nightmares like standing water on your lawn or ice dams.
Promising review: “Because of our house’s walkout basement, two of the gutters are over 18 feet high. This height — along with the sloped ground — made it unsafe to use a ladder to remove leaves. Within minutes of taking it out of the box, I had screwed the GutterWhiz onto an adjustable extension pole which I owned. Moving from right to left, I was quickly grabbing and removing clumps of leaves and debris that had accumulated in my gutters and were clogging the drain holes.” —Richard Zwirko
3. Machine-cleaning tablets — lazily run it through a cycle and keep the machine that cleans your clothes in tip-top shape.
Promising review: “I have been using bleach to clean my machine for some time, but decided to give this a try a few months ago. My very first clean with Affresh left me surprised and delighted, for not only did it clean my machine, it eliminated the nasty smell that always transferred to my clothes thanks to a buildup of mold I didn’t even know about. Every month now, I toss a tablet into the drum and let it work its magic. Now, my machine is cleaner than ever, and my clothes always smell wonderfully fresh.” —Kelli Crawford
4. Cleaning pods for your K-cup machine because getting in there to clean it yourself is a safety risk with that pod-piercing needle!
Promising Review: "Just pop it in and run one reservoir of water through the system. It is blue but unclogs and does a great job of cleaning. When I used the white vinegar method I'd have to rinse it quite a few times to get rid of the vinegar taste in the water. I definitely recommend this to others. I believe it works in all systems that use the K-cup."
Promising Review: “Just pop it in and run one reservoir of water through the system. It is blue but unclogs and does a great job of cleaning. When I used the white vinegar method I’d have to rinse it quite a few times to get rid of the vinegar taste in the water. I definitely recommend this to others. I believe it works in all systems that use the K-cup.” —Brandi
5. A weird squeegee for getting alllll the pet hair out of your carpet (for once in your life!) so you can go longer in between cleanings.
Promising review: “Omg it works so well. And it’s extremely easy to use. I read previous reviews and used the squeegy side rather than the bristle side and I’m obsessed. This photo is just from doing my bedroom. (My dog is extremely proud of all of his fur.)” —Jessica Glackin
And for detailed fur removal on furniture, check out the Fur-Zoff Pet Hair Remover, Gonzo Pet Hair Lifter sponge, and The CarPET Pet Hair Remover.
6. And a concentrated cat litter deodorizer that won’t make it apparent when you’ve been a little lax on cleaning up your cat’s bathroom.
Promising review: "This stuff is seriously amazing! I have three high-yield poop machines masquerading as cats, and it’s a never-ending mission to make sure the house doesn’t smell like a litter box. I try really hard to ensure the house is clean and smells good without using harsh chemicals or aerosol sprays. Within the first day of using this I noticed that the slight lingering ammonia/poop smell wasn’t noticeable when walking into the house anymore.
After a few days I realized that I couldn’t smell anything even as I was scooping the three liter boxes. There wasn’t a fake perfume smell covering up a smell, there literally wasn’t a smell at all! The product smells very fresh and clean in the container but there’s no odor when applied into the liter. I’m very happy with this amazing stuff and I recommend it to anybody with cats who doesn’t want to use potentially harmful sprays or perfumes. So thank you NonScents. I’m a very satisfied customer!" —ToriGet it from
And check out more product recs that’ll keep your place smelling clean.
7. Tilex Mold and Mildew Remover — it might finally help melt away those pink grout stains you don’t have time to tackle with elbow grease.
As someone who loves bright white grout but falls on the lazier side of cleaning, I’ve sworn by this stuff for years. Just make sure you let your bathroom air out by opening a window!
Promising review: “Oh my god, this product works wonders! I live in an older apartment without much ventilation, and almost as soon as I moved in there were issues with mold growing on the shower floor. I initially tried scrubbing at it with generic household products (dish washing soap, vinegar), and with some thorough scrubbing I managed to get the surface level off, but there was still a stain. I sprayed this product, stepped away for two minutes, and the stains had almost disappeared! The cracks between the tiles will probably require scrubbing, but this product has helped me so much.” —DZ
8. A special brush designed to help clean out sliding door track grooves so you can do it *right* about once a month instead of having to go through every single week.
Promising review: "This works wonderfully for my patio door when I can't get everything up by vacuuming alone. I have a dog, so dirt and dog hair tends to get trapped all around the patio door track. I used this to loosen the dirt and hair, and then vacuumed everything up afterward. I don't have to sigh anymore when I look at the door track!" —BeccaGet it from Amazon for $4.98 or a two-pack of similar brushes from
Promising review: “This works wonderfully for my patio door when I can’t get everything up by vacuuming alone. I have a dog, so dirt and dog hair tends to get trapped all around the patio door track. I used this to loosen the dirt and hair, and then vacuumed everything up afterward. I don’t have to sigh anymore when I look at the door track!” —Becca
9. A blind duster to slip into the places where dust hides because you remember that one time you dunked your blinds in the bathtub to clean them and you swore you’d never attempt it again.
The bathtub dunk is effective but soooo much trouble. Includes five microfiber sleeves.
10. Detail cleaning brushes that’ll get at the scummy parts around sink faucets, drains, and other fixtures that tend to build up over time if you ignore them.
11. Foaming cleaner to bring up all sorts of disgusting things lurking below in your disposer and nip drainage problems in the bud.
12. And a silicone sink strainer for some ~flexible~ post-dishes cleaning so maybe you won’t have to use that disposer cleaner so often, huh?!
13. An antibacterial bath mat you can probably skip washing a few times without being punished with a funky wet bathroom smell.
14. A heavy-duty steam cleaner with 18 accessories — it’ll do it right THE FIRST TIME so you don’t have to come in for a lot of less-effective repeat cleanings.
15. Oven liners that can be swapped out as they accumulate mess and easily wiped down instead of tackling the burden of de-gunking the bottom of your oven.
16. A ~neater~ pet food bowl to catch the mess of even the messiest, sweetest good boys and girls.
17. A robot vacuum with strong suction that’ll pick up small, everyday dirt and debris in lieu of having to do a ~full~ clean every day.
18. And a *legit* vacuum people are obsessed with for doing all sorts of detail cleaning so your couch will look super clean. At least until you devour nachos on it. (It me!)
19. A jetted tub cleaner you can run through your system as part of your regular routine so you don’t have to rely on bath bombs to disguise the weird pipe filth.
20. A washable keyboard that’ll get *really* clean so you can stop what feels like an endless montage of spraying canned air on your crumb-strewn keyboard.
21. A desk vacuum to help you moove some desk crumbs.
22. Stamp-on toilet cleaning gel for the ultimate lazy hack for a clean toilet because people always notice if you have a dirty toilet.
23. A flexible mop can get at tiny dust lines that work their way into the nooks and crannies of your baseboard.
Check out more cleaning products that’ll give you immediate results.
Source : Buzzfeed