“Facebuilding”, or training of the face, helps the skin to become more elastic and aligned.
It also improves blood flow and lymph flow, removes puffiness, and makes facial features more expressive. Doctors conducted a 20-week experiment in which 16 women from ages 40 to 65 years old participated. During this time, all participants did exercises for the muscles of their forehead, eyebrows, eyes, mouth, and neck. The experiment showed that such exercises actually improved the skin on their face and reduced visible signs of aging.
Bright Side has collected 7 facial exercises to help you maintain muscle strength and perhaps repeat the experience of Benjamin Button!
How does it work?
Facebuilding can help you to remove nasolabial folds and wrinkles from the forehead, eyes, and lips. It really tightens the skin and gives it a youthful glow.
We must be clear though, that 2 days of facebuilding is not enough time to really change anything. But if you want to stick to the routine and work long and hard, let’s give it a go!
Facebuilding is a series of exercises. Always begin the routine with a warm-up of the face using your hands. Squeeze and unclench your eyelids, relax the face, frown, and smile. Perform this exercise at least 10 times in a row. Try not to stretch the skin of your face, but instead, gently squeeze it. Then rub your face with a wet warm towel and relax.
After the warm-up, begin to perform the following exercises.
Exercise 1: “A light surprise”
This exercise will help you increase your forehead’s muscle tone.
- Place fingers on your forehead as shown in the image.
- Raise and lower your eyebrows as if you’re surprised.
- Make sure that there are no creases on the forehead.
Repeat this exercise 10 times.
Exercise 2: “Flirty eyes”
“Flirty eyes” will help you to prevent the emergence of wrinkles around the eyes.
- Take your eyes right to left. Then repeat it left to right, top to bottom, and bottom to top.
- Only your eyes should be moving! The jawbone is immovable.
Repeat this exercise 5 times for each direction.
Exercise 3: “O”
Let’s eliminate those nasolabial folds!
- Put your mouth in the shape of the letter “O”. You can even pronounce the sound of the letter “O” out loud.
- Repeat this exercise 10 times.
Exercise 4: “Smile”
Keep the tone of the cheekbones and cheeks strong with this exercise.
- Pull your lips into the mouth.
- Place your fingers on the corners of your lips and lightly press on them.
- Pull the corners of your lips to your ears.
- to the basic position.
Repeat this exercise 10 times.
Exercise 5: “Hooligan”
The purpose of this exercise is to remove the double chin and increase muscle tone in the neck.
- Put out your tongue and point it up.
- Turn your head halfway up, then turn to the right.
- Lift your chin up. Hold for 10 seconds.
- Then go back to the basic position and repeat the same motion in the other direction.
Repeat this exercise 5 times in each direction.
Exercise 6: “Grandma”
If you want to get rid of nasolabial folds, the “Grandma” exercise is for you.
- Open your mouth.
- Hide your lips behind your teeth.
- Strengthen the tension and draw your lips into the mouth. Hold for 10 seconds.
Repeat this exercise 15 times.
Exersice 7: “Rubber”
The “rubber” exercise helps you to remove horizontal wrinkles on the forehead.
- Wrap your hands behind your head.
- Then put them on the border of your hairline on the forehead.
- Pull yourself back a little bit with your hands.
- Purse your lips in the shape of the letter “O” and look down. Hold for 10 seconds in this position.
It’s important to feel the tension of the forehead constantly during this exercise.
Repeat this exercise 20 times.
Make sure that all of the movements are done smoothly and be careful not to press too hard on your skin. Don’t forget to breathe deeply during the exercises.
Have you ever practiced exercises for the face? Share your experience with us in the comments!