Being single and living alone can be pretty awesome, and these illustrations show why.
Created by LA-based painter, illustrator and occasional animator, Yaoyao Ma Van As, this series of illustrations pretty much sums up the magic of living alone. From leaving your marks everywhere to cleaning up whenever you want – living alone really has its perks. Keep on scrolling to check them out and don’t forget to vote for your favorites!
01. Enjoying Some Peace And Quiet
Hmmmmh….. Not to underestimate the situation and the illustration (very beautiful picture, seriously), but can you really afford a house like that when you live alone?
02. Playing With Your Pup
Hiding from Charlie is impossible. When I’m home, he knows where I am every minute, and he’s usually close by. Its why he’s my best friend. 😀
03. Escaping Reality
Reading is one of my greatest pleasures, but I’ve switched to my Nook eReader. That way I can carry it anywhere I choose to go, and it holds a charge for a long time. My favorite spots are the couch, or my queen bed, where Charlie can be next to me, and I can pet him while I read. When I was young, I would never have dreamed of such a thing. :O
04. Working Whenever You Feel Like It
I’ve lost count of the times I work best at night, in my basement shop, making beautiful things for my clients. Owls always do best in the evenings, and for me, this is no exception. 😀
05. Enjoying A Cup Of Tea While Watching The Rain
But you can do it with your Partner either.
06. Doing Nothing All Day
Agreed. Don’t forget to pet your pupper!
07. Dancing Like No One Is Watching (Cause No One Is)
I have a dishwasher , but, I can still do ballet leaps
08. Cuddling With Your Best Friend
Charlie, my shih-tzu, loves to cuddle up close at night. When he gets too warm, he will move away . But once he cools off, he burrows into me once more. Its his way of saying “I love you Daddy.”
09. Binge Eating All You Want
Ah yes! This is how I imagined my death scene would look like. Me lounging on the couch surrounded by boxes of takeaway with Netflix playing in the background…What a way to go
10. Being A Little Clumsy
She’s a Barry Allen fan !
11. Bathing As Long As You Want
Am I the only one that doesn’t find baths in this kind of tub that relaxing? I’m not able to stretch out in them. I much prefer a hot tub or hot spring.
12. Enjoying The Little Things
I am blessed to be able to enjoy little things…. a hummingbird outside the front window; watching a turtle bury its eggs in the yard; electric colored, shy , bluebirds with a new family; wild ducks munching on sunflower seeds , a stray fox or wild turkey …. the beautiful sunrises & sunsets that are free to all . Life is good !
13. Having A Carefree Sort Of Walk
Love the sound of my feet crunching on the fallen Autumn leaves.
14. Having A Party With Yourself
LOL that’s me in all the pictures
15. Snacking Whenever You Feel Like It Without Anyone Judging You
Or eating your favorite food every day with no one knowing the depth of your obsession.
16. Enjoying A Morning To Yourself
I love her house
17. Meditating Without Distractions
I want that house! Gimme gimme gimme gimme
18. Working The Way You Like
Now you’re talking! Cuddling the little baby can be so satisfying, while you think of all the possibilities. ;D
19. Treating Yourself To A Whole Batch Of Cookies
i don’t think i’ve ever made cookies without eating half of the cookie dough T.T
20. Enjoying Some Quality Me Time
21. Taking Your Time In The Mornings
I take my time by not getting up at 5:00
22. Creating Your Own “Fine Dining” Rules
Let’s not forget to share with the baby. ;D
23. Dreaming On A Rainy Day
I love to draw in the windows, too!
24. Cleaning However You Like
Just like Pippi Longstocking!!
25. Stretching In The Morning With The Room To Yourself
That’s a big ass room.
26. Having Your Puppy Around All The Time
I let my dog take baths with me, so cute!
27. Waking Up With Your Pup
Mommy, I gotta go potty. 😀
28. Taking It All In On Your Morning Walk
Yep, this makes me think
29. Melting Away Your Troubles
Isn’t one’s imagination just wonderful?! Its so easy to graduate from a regular bathtub to a super-duper tiled tub, all with the stroke of a pen/pencil.
30. Marking Your Territory
whew.. im not the only one who do that
31. Doing Laundry Wherever You Want
My unfolded laundry is Charlie’s favorite place to sleep when we aren’t in bed. ;D
32. Trying On All Your Clothes
she has great legs! 🙂
33. Releasing Your Inner Artist
I think the floor is a masterpiece
34. Being By Your Pups Side
cant make the bed yet doggo is having a rest
35. Working On Your Flexibility
Stitch again <3
36. Making A Mess
Totally me… definitely.
37. Leaving Your Hair Everywhere Because You Can
Like what you’re reading? Subscribe to our top stories.