Are you dealing with nagging or chronic pain? Perhaps you are dealing with a chronic illness that comes with chronic pain symptoms such as fibromyalgia, lupus, multiple sclerosis, or rheumatoid arthritis.
Such chronic conditions and undiagnosed chronic pain are more and more common in our world. Our modern lifestyle can be quite unhealthy filled with unhealthy diets, contaminated environment and constant stress. All this combined, can be overwhelming to your body. Being overburdened, you become more vulnerable to various pain symptoms, ailments and diseases.
You don’t have to live your life in pain!
You can turn to natural remedies and alternative medicine to prevent disease and reduce your symptoms. Natural remedies and alternative methods can be quite effective and do not have any serious side-effects like conventional medicine and treatment can have.
You may be surprised to learn that one of the most powerful natural remedies for chronic pain, fibromyalgia, multiple sclerosis, rheumatoid arthritis and lupus is likely in your kitchen right now.
Thyme has been around for thousands of years. It is not only a popular culinary herb, but it has been used for its medicinal properties as well. The ancient Romans, for example, have used it to treat symptoms of poisoning. Thyme was also popular to heal illnesses before modern antibiotics were discovered.
What’s the secret of thyme?
The active ingredient of thyme is call thymol. It is a powerful antibacterial and antifungal substance. It is filled with antioxidants and flavonoids. Thyme also has an impressive nutritional profile.
Only 28 grams of thyme contains all this goodness:
- 44.8 milligrams vitamin C (75 percent DV)
- 1,330 IU vitamin A (27 percent DV)
- 171 milligrams potassium (5 percent DV)
- 113 milligrams calcium (11 percent DV)
- 44.8 milligrams magnesium (11 percent DV)
- 0.1 milligram riboflavin (8 percent DV)
- 0.2 milligram copper (8 percent DV)
- 4.9 milligrams iron (27 percent DV)
- 0.5 milligram manganese (24 percent DV)
- 0.1 milligram vitamin B6 (5 percent DV)
- 6.8 grams carbohydrates
- 1.6 grams protein
- 0.5 gram fat
- 3.9 grams fiber
- 28 calories
Benefits of thyme:
- Regulating blood pressure
- Supporting the formation of red blood cells
- Treating asthma
- Improving sore throat
- Fighting vertigo
- Regulation hormones
- Reducing pain and inflammation
- Improving symptoms of fibromyalgia, lupus, multiple sclerosis, rheumatoid arthritis and
- Hashimoto’s thyroiditis
You can add thyme to almost any of your dishes and salads. You can also try this simple natural thyme remedy.
Thyme Remedy for Pain
- A handful of thyme (fresh or dried)
- 1 cup of boiled water
- Honey (optional)
- Wash the thyme first.
- Put it in a bowl and fill the bowl with water.
- Leave it for a few minutes then strain.
- Sweeten with honey.
- Drink it daily.
Drinking this daily can reduce your pain symptoms over time. You can find it fresh or dried in any grocery store and it’s also a relatively easy herb to grow in a home garden. This simple ingredient can do amazing things for healing your body. Try it out and add thyme to your dishes regularly.
It’s time to use thyme!